Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Early Worm Gets the Water


The Early Worm Gets the Water, a 16" x 20" acrylic I just finished the other night for Utrecht Art Supplies second annual art contest. I'm pretty happy about the way it turned out, I still might go in and add a little more shading, maybe a few more plants or bushes (with my paints and brushes), but I like it a lot. The "early" bird is allowing the "early"worm one more whistle-wetting before being killed and eaten, paying heed to that inspirational get-out-of-bed-now parable we all know and love, and wouldn't trees be so much better if they all came with drinking fountains? I like to think so.
The prizes for the contest are pretty sweet, the third prize alone is a 500 dollar gift card for their art store. Contestants could enter a painting, a sculpture, and a drawing, so I entered this one for the painting, bad mojo for the sculpture, and the sasquatch charcoal for the drawing. I'll find out Nov. 1st if I won of not, keeping my phalanges crossed for good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment