Saturday, February 13, 2010

Beach Creatures

This is an acrylic painting (8"x10") that I finished late last year. I'd actually started this painting in 07, and kept putting it off, working on it here or there at my leisure, like I do most of my more detailed paintings. I really like how this one came out. The beach has an Alaskan feel to it, for me anyways, since I spent half my childhood there, and often think about the bluffs and beaches. The creatures are all familiar, but with freakish attributes, like the furry turtle shell, and the dolphin/whale guy's arms. The octopus is relatively normal, but with a cartoonish twist, which you will see in a lot (if not most) of my art.

1 comment:

  1. Is this scene in the director's cut of Shutter Island? I thought you'd like that movie. It's Kingian.

    ReplyDelete