Sunday, February 14, 2010

This is a marker drawing I did in a guy's blackbook at the first friday artwalk in Phoenix. His name was Yolk, and he came up to my booth and handed me his black bound drawing book that, you know, graffiti dudes pass around and do their graffiti on, and I thought he just wanted me to look at it. He told me he'd circle back around to pick it up, and when he came back, he asked what I'd drawn and I was like wha? so he told me to take it home. All the other pictures in it were drawn by tagger guys, real quick style drawings mostly with crazy graffiti lettering. I don't really know how to draw cool letters or even do that style, so I drew a blue devil warming his hands over a candle from hell, orally making the sound of a scratched chalkboard. I ended up having his book for like three months.

1 comment:

  1. I've always known you as an artist, bbut your hopeless romantic side cought me by surprise. And you know what the Beatles say, "Can't buy Me Love", I think your heart (even in pigments and clay) is just great.

    ReplyDelete