Saturday, August 30, 2014

Love Liza

Love Liza   marker on paper  2007
Jack Kehler holding my drawing of
of Philip Seymour Hoffman and himself from
the movie Love Liza
This is a marker drawing of a scene from the 2002 film Love Liza, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kathy Bates, and the man in the picture holding the drawing, Jack Kehler!

Mr. Kehler's daughter-in-law found the picture on this blog (I'm guessing through google) and contacted me through email the day Mr. Hoffman died (feb 2), inquiring about buying the piece for Jack. We agreed on a price and I happily mailed it to her.

Jack Kehler himself emailed me asking about the piece as well, it was funny because I couldn't mention that Id already sold it to his daughter-in-law, as she had told me it would be for his birthday. So I just told him all about the drawing and mentioned that he was in a few of my favorite movies (lost highway, the big lebowski, pineapple express).

After I received the pic of him holding the piece, I got another email from Jack. He was very happy to get the drawing, told me it meant a lot to him, as working with Philip Seymour Hoffman was a major highlight of his career. Its funny because this was definitely a highlight in my art life as well.

The whole thing was just so surreal. I loved it. Its not everyday I get contacted by famous actors about my art. Oh, and lastly, it was really strange...they came across my drawing on the day before Philip Seymour Hoffman died. Kind of eerie and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment