Sunday, August 31, 2014

Mini Canvas Green Man

This 2"x 2" acrylic on canvas green man type character is one of my son's favorites right now. Since I painted it the other day, he has been carrying it around the house and making it talk to his lego guys and mario toys. I showed him how to put varnish on the painting so it will have a layer of protection from scratches, scrapes, and anything else dealt by the hands of an imaginative 8 year old. I plan on showing him everything I know about art, little by little, step by step. I hope he learns to love it as much as I have. There really is so much joy and pleasure in creating art, whether it be an intricate painting that takes over a year to finish (see last post) or a doodle on a post-it note (see next post). I would truly love to be able to pass it on to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment